The Altoona Youth Soccer Association (AYSA) invites U9 and U10 soccer enthusiasts to participate in the youth academy soccer program sponsored by AYSA and the Iowa Soccer Association. The Youth Academy Program is organized and governed by the Iowa Soccer Association. AYSA teams are formed from the registered participants. The teams play in the ISA Academy League against other club teams. The Academy Program is designed to develop soccer skills and athletic and physical abilities so the players are able to compete at a higher level.
Why consider participating in the Academy Program?
- Opportunity to learn how to play soccer from professional coaches
- Player stands out as more skillful, athletic, or physically mature at the recreational level and desires more challenging competition
- Player desires increased skill development and stronger understanding of cohesive team play
- A competitive soccer environment promotes a stronger and faster learning environment
- The player is interested in competing in a competitive program beyond the U10 level
There are two seasons, fall and spring. The fall season runs from the end of August through the end of October/Early November. The spring season runs from the end of March through the first or second week of June. Winter training is available as well as the option to participate in an indoor Futsal league.
For more information, contact Brian Banyas at email@example.com, Steve Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org, JR Fernandes, AYSA Competitive Head Coach, (515) 480-2529, email@example.com, or Donny Wilson, AYSA Director of Academy, (515) 967-6811, firstname.lastname@example.org.